In 2020 a lot of women will try and experiment with their makeup looks and will take their skills to the next level. One of the must-have beauty treatments that we recommend going for is lash extensions. These are semi-permanent lashes that will look voluminous on every lady! They last for a few weeks and are a must-have treatment due to their low maintenance as well as easy application!
How To Apply Lash Extensions?
You can’t apply or do the lash extensions on your own. These should be applied by a certified lash aesthetician at a salon. Their application takes 60-90 minutes to do (based on your preferred look) and the whole thing is harmless! As long as you keep your eyes closed during the application and you stay still – you will enjoy the outcome! Once applied with a high-quality glue, these lashes will stay on your lids for 2-4 weeks! They are glued on top of your natural lashes, and are super sturdy on their own (no mascara needed).
What Are The Different Lash Looks?
Some looks may last longer (or shorter) than others. The more volume you ask for and the fluffier the outcome, the higher the chances of losing your lashes sooner than expected. The trick is in the weight of your lashes. If you place 3-4 individual lash extensions on top of your natural ones, the heavier they will feel and look.
So, if you want your lashes to last a bit longer, go for a natural, soft and wispy outcome.
On the other hand, heavy & dramatic volume will look great and bold, but it will shed a lot quicker.
How Long Will They Last?
Lash extensions can last from 2-4 weeks. This will depend on you and your upkeep, as well as maintenance.
However, you can prolong their lifespan by taking care of them. How to do so? Try and follow a certain makeup and skincare routine! In fact, try and avoid doing the next steps:
- Don’t use oils – make sure your skincare products are oil-free or either specifically made for lash extensions. Anything that is too harsh will rip out your extensions.
- Don’t use lash curlers or a lash mascara – lash extensions are already long and voluminous on their own. By staying away from these products, you will allow the glue to bond properly. The more time you give it, the better it will set with your extensions.
- Don’t sweat a lot – try to expose your lashes to minimum heat and water, especially during the first 48 hours after just having your extensions. Let them settle and bond with your natural ones, and slowly go back to your everyday routine.
What Products Should You Use On Top Of Your Lash Extensions?
- A lash spoolie – this is an amazing product that is super cheap yet practical. It will comb through your lashes with ease each morning and night, and will get rid of any excess products while keeping them clean!
- The right foaming cleanser – our cleanser will not be harsh toward your lashes and will actually leave them glowing! It will remove all traces of makeup while not damaging your extensions, plus it is fragrance-free.
- The right foaming brush – our brush is specially formulated for cleansing of the eyelash extensions. It works on slow pulses which will wash away any dirt while clearing your pores and getting rid of any makeup residue! It is made with soft fibers and is pretty elastic, easy to move, and can even reach the back of your lashes.
When Should I Come Back For A Refill?
If you are wondering when is the right time to get lash extensions and a lash refill, know that it can vary based on your level of upkeep as well as your everyday habits. The better you take care of them – the longer they will last! Usually and ideally, you should come back for a refill around the second week. During this period, not a lot of your lashes will shed, and they will still be easy to work with. However, if you come back later than the second or third week period, you might need a new set. All of your extensions will shed and fall out, and you will need to start from scratch.
Heads up, however, since a lash refill is cheaper than the entire set, so rather be smart and tactical about it.
Are You Ready For Lashes?
Are you willing to give lash extensions a chance? If so, book your appointment right here and right now, and let our team of specialists take care of you! You will end up with an ideal, beautiful and customizable solution for your eye shape and preferred type.