The beauty industry has seen it all when it comes to lashes and their major comeback. Nowadays, lashes come in all different forms, such as strip lashes, magnetic ones, and eyelash extensions. If you’re sick and tired of using your same old mascara, growth serums, or heated curls it might be best to move to the next phase: lash extensions. Interested in how they work and if they’re bad for your natural lashes? Keep on reading and discover all there’s to it down below
What Are Lash Extensions And How Are They Applied?
Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent fibers that are attached to your natural eyelashes. They are applied and done by a skilled lash artist who knows how to do feminine transformations while fully adjusting and customizing the look per your preference. Lash extensions can be made of synthetic, mink, faux mink, or silk fibers. The application takes 45-90 minutes to do depending on the look that you’re aiming for.
Will Lash Extensions Harm Your Natural Eyelashes?
Damage to your natural lashes is not possible if initially applied the right way. The truth is that you have to book a skilled lash tech who has done it and seen it all! Applying extensions that are too heavy for the natural lash will result in premature shedding, along with breakage. Here is what is crucial when it comes to your natural eyelashes and lash extensions:
1. Don’t get them wet: you should avoid all contact with water and steam within the first 48 hours after having your extensions applied. Your extensions can fall off or shed if exposed to improper conditions, along with rain, saunas, pool, etc.
2. You shouldn’t use oil-based products: don’t use any oil-based products while you have lash extensions. Oils will dissolve the glue that is holding your lashes in place. It could also irritate your natural lashes.
3. Sleep on your side and on satin sheets: when sleeping on your stomach or on rough sheets you are expediting the fallout and breakage of your lashes. Sleep on your back and on smooth satin sheets to prolong the lifespan of your extensions.
4. Don’t rub your eyes: stay away from touching, tugging, and rubbing your eyes! These movements will result in you experiencing breakage. Be gentle so that your natural lashes stay intact and prevent them from shedding.
5. No need for an eyelash curler: you should know that mechanical eyelash curlers are bad for you. They can get all the way into your lash root and cause them to fall out or break in half.
6. Don’t go for too heavy lashes: lastly, if you wish to prolong the lifespan of your lash extensions make sure that you don’t go for the heaviest infill there is. You should start with something lightweight since thick, heavy mink Russian infills can be damaging to your natural lashes.
It All Comes Down To Your Lash Tech
If you want to have the prettiest lashes ever make sure that you book a skilled lash tech. In fact, by getting your lashes done by Dr. Glow Getter in Edgewater NJ, every woman will experience feminine, flirty, and full lashes, perfect for everyday or formal wear! Just know that you’re in safe hands and that you’re going to love a customized solution.