If you are a frequent eyelash wearer you probably know how they can feel against your lid and when you wear them for a long time. On the other hand, you can also experience poking and irritation. Why does this happen sometimes? Keep on reading and find your answers down below!
Why Are My Lash Extensions Poking Me?
Once you get your eyelashes done and installed they can feel a bit too heavy at first. If you go too long and too voluminous they can weigh down your lid, making it harder to open up your eyes. Two to three weeks after getting them and wearing them your natural lashes may get irritated as well, causing excessive pushing and poking of lash extensions. However, it all goes back to the application process, and the approach/expertise of your lash tech.
How Do You Know If Your Eyelashes Are Done Poorly?
1. You struggle to brush them out: if your lash artist can’t brush them out during the application process just know that you won’t be able to brush them out yourself when you get home. This will, sooner or later, cause unwanted poking.
Get yourself a brush and lash cleanser that helps with keeping them clean and easy to brush
2. Burning eye sensation: if you’re experiencing a burning sensation always speak up! A poorly done application will lead to this experience, which is why you should be honest with your lash artist. Burning eyes will automatically cause a poking sensation.
3. Twisting and squeezing: never try to spin, twist, droop, pull and turn your extensions. This will cause them to shed or move around, leaving you with a sparse area, shedding of the lash, and constant poking.
4. Thick, coarse, and curly lash extensions will naturally add so much pressure and heaviness to your natural lashes. This is why your lashes have to be done by a skilled lash technician who has an eye for design and can help you select the best set for your face and eye shape. Never overdo it, and you will achieve a poke-free outcome!
5. Watch out for tangles: all people are unique and have a story for themselves, meaning that they have unique growth patterns of lashes. This is why you should know that all of your lashes have their life cycles, meaning that some will fall and shed faster than others. Your lash tech should apply only one lash extension on top of your individual natural lash. Too much of stacking and the pressure will lead to an unwanted gap.
Want To Look Your Best?
If you want to get the set of your dreams and look your best just know that Dr. Glow Getter will help you out! Every girl will end up with a fierce, luscious, and wispy pair that is fully catered per her face and eyelid shape. Book with us in Edgewater NJ and enjoy new lashes for everyday or formal events.